DEPARTMENT L - FLORICULTURE
Superintendent - Kim Clearly (815) 252-5376
Premiums Offered - $320.00
Entries will be accepted 5:00 - 7:00 pm on Wednesday, August 30, 2017. An entry fee of .50 per entry will be charged. (Pre-entry fee is .25 per entry and must be received by Monday, Aug 28). Release date will be Sunday, September 3rd from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. Must have a stub to pick up entry. Alternate release date is Wednesday, September 6th from 6:00 -7:00 pm.
1. A maximum of 3 florets shall be removed from each gladiolus. All specimen flowers shall be disbudded,
except in case of flowers which are not normally disbudded such as cannas. In cut flowers, stems, foliage, and blooms
will be considered in judging.
2. Entries without side accessories shall be entered as a unit on a base not to exceed 18” square.
3. Artificial flowers and foliage, as well as altered plant material, may not be used.
4. All blooms and foliage must have been grown by the exhibitor.
5. Potted plants must have been in the possession of the exhibitor for no less than two months.
6. Styrofoam cups and aluminum cans may not be used as vases. Clear glass containers are required for both Cut Flower
and Rose entries, but not for Arrangement or Potted Plant entries.
7. Please make certain you have left an opening large enough for a watering can spout.
8. Exhibitors must be amateurs and Illinois residents. An amateur is defined as one who does not derive any part of his/her
income from sale of flowers, plants, or arrangements.
9. All name tags remain closed until after judging. Awards will not be given to any entry the judge feels is inferior, with or
without competition, or those not meeting criteria for display. The judge’s decision is final. Faded or wilted entries will be
removed to keep displays looking fresh.
10. See Rules and Regulations in this premium book.
Cut Flowers & Roses are to be entered in clear containers only.
PREMIUMS - 1st - $3.00; 2nd - $2.00; 3rd - $1.00 (for 5 or less entries per class)
1st - $5.00; 2nd - $3.00; 3rd - $2.00 (for 6 or more entries per class)
CUT FLOWERS WITH FOLIAGE, BEST SPECIMEN (Please note bloom size and quantity restrictions)
3301 - Coneflower, 3 stems
3302 - Marigolds, 3 stems
3303 - Petunia
3304 - Rudbeckia, 3 stems
3305 - Sedum
3306 - Sunflower, min. 3” wide
3307 - Zinnias, 3 flowers
3308 - Begonias, 3 stems
3309 - Dahlia, 3 stems
3310 - Day lily
3311 - Geranium
3312 - Gloriosa, 3 stems
3313 - Pinks, 3 stems
3314 - Snapdragons, 3 stems
3315 - Any other cut flower, 3 stems (no roses)
3316 - Cactus or Succulent
3317 - Hanging basket, any
3318 - African violet, blooming
3319 - Annuals, blooming
3320 - Begonia
3321 - Coleus
3322 - Fern
3323 - Geranium
3324 - Hoya
3325 - Perennial(s), blooming
3326 - Any other blooming potted plant
3327 - Any other foliage only potted plant
3328 - Dish garden
3329 - Outdoor container, 3 or more species
3330 - Any other potted plant not listed in book
ROSE - WITH
(DO NOT HAVE TO BE HYBRID TEA ROSES)
3331 - Rose, red
3332 - Rose, pink
3333 - Rose, yellow
3334 - Rose, bi-color or variegated
3335 - Rose, any other color
3336 - 3 roses in pitcher, any
3337 - Bouquet of roses, any
ARRANGEMENTS & BOUQUETS
(PLEASE CONDITION FLOWERS)
Entries will be judged as follows: 50% for perfection of bloom(s) and foliage; 25% for artistry of arrangement; 25% for development of theme. ALL accessories, floral oasis foam, holders, etc., must be firmly secured on a base not to exceed 18” square. All arrangements may contain foliage unless otherwise noted. No potted plants permitted in place of floral arrangements. Clear containers are NOT required for arrangements.
3338 - Arrangement of 3 stems
3339 - Arrangement of 5 stems
3340 - Arrangement of 7 stems flower
3341 - Harvest Time arrangement
3343 - Back to School themed arrangement
3345 - Any holiday arrangement
3346 - Arrangement of any one specimen of flower
3347 - Bouquet of fall flowers
3348 - Bouquet of pink flowers
3349 - Bouquet of yellow flowers
3350 - Bouquet of flowers, any other color